Saturday, March 26, 2016

After THAT moment when it all changes.....we must just be still.

Sometimes when we are living through life 
AFTER
 a big change,
 it is very difficult to find our footing and progress forward.
That does not mean that we are not,
or have not accepted the change,
 nor does it mean that we have not adequately processed what that change means for our life.
Sometimes we just need to 
be in that new space
 for a while to allow ourselves to 
truly accept life in this new way.

I have been hanging out in "that" space for me, for a while now,
 and I have found that this space is far more important than I ever knew.
Growing up being taught the processes of  emotional accommodation, it has been easy for me to simply check a box after a certain number of "points in the process" have been identified and experienced, without going deeper to truly "see" if I have experienced fully that point in the process.
Recently, I became keenly aware of the truth that checking off the points in the process in the way that I had been was in no way proof that I had successfully navigated each point to completion.


If I am honest, this is a place where I have found myself many times throughout my 39 years,
but I do not think I was self-aware enough to grasp the space around me.
The true reason I have always written, I believe, is to try and fulfill the purpose in each space I enter,
 and
as a seeker of emotional understanding and knowledge, to gain all that I can in that space before moving on to a new space.

Even though I have not been completely aware of this fact until now, I believe this is definitely my true purpose in writing now.
As I have said and written so many times, my life in NO WAY looks the way I thought it would, and it has been far more difficult than I felt I was prepared for.
But is that not the purpose?
For life to be so far beyond our expectations that it stretches us to a point that we are forced to learn and understand ourselves and the world differently?
More accurately?
More fully?
More truthfully?
More hopefully?

More hopefully?.......
YES!!
because life should not be limited by our expectations or understanding of  how beautiful and wonderful this world is.....
It will far exceed our expectations.....if we let it!!


SO.........
My reason for writing, for whomever will read my words,
has been and will continue to be,
 to fulfill a purpose.

That purpose is to grab the lantern and the pitchfork,
 and lead the way through my own fear,
to be beside you
when you face and conquer yours.

On the other side.....
 the beauty and greatness will
dumbfound us all!!


https://youtu.be/F77v41jbOYs
https://youtu.be/jJhsexd8Qqg







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would venture to say that "we" are all ever so familiar with the phrase "mind over matter," and for most of us, ...