Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The most difficult lessons can sometimes can be the most transforming....

Growing up in the household I did.....
 I starting reading "christian self-help" books at around 9 years old...
and ALWAYS  talked through things,
 I learned that at all times there was "something" to "work on" 

As I have gotten older I have realized the majority of the world did not have this experience and really do not want to talk about things FOREVER!!!!
I was shocked!!!
but .....
then this morning I came across a study I did on Queen Ester and some notes I took.....

Queen Ester, known as the heroine who saved the Jewish people, and whose story is the basis for the celebration of Purim (an annual feast established to celebrate the memory of their deliverance) in the Jewish tradition.
Ester is also commemorated as a matriarch in the Calendar of Saints.
The notes I found made me STOP and think about how I approach things.....
and gave me a new perspective...
Queen Ester....
paused
waited
consulted
prayed
decided
acted
and adjusted.
She did not rush into action in her own wisdom....
she paused, waited on God, consulted those she respected and trusted, she prayed for direction, she was decisive when she received the direction and she acted....
and then when necessary she adjusted.
and her words were.....
words of respect
words of welcome
words of caution
words that were direct
......and......
(this is probably the hardest one for me.....)
she used words that were few in number....

As I reviewed my study and my notes I was again amazed at the wisdom of Ester, and I pray that before I speak I will take the time Ester did.
She ensured that the words that came from her were words of wisdom and those words ultimately saved a nation!!!
I remember hearing once that when we are in the company of another person, when we leave we have either brought them closer to or further away from Christ. I wonder how often I have pushed people further away by speaking to soon in my own "wisdom" and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would venture to say that "we" are all ever so familiar with the phrase "mind over matter," and for most of us, ...